Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just need to vent!

OK- I live in Arizona and I am originally from Portland Oregon. At this point in time I would give anything to be back living in Portland, Seattle, or Denver! Random cities I know, but I am familiar with them and I know quite a few people in Portland, a few in Seattle, and maybe one in Denver- but there is one thing for sure- I never had to worry about scorpions in my house, lurking in corners and under things! I hate it here! I moved here just about 9 years ago from Seattle; and I am so glad I did! I met the man who was going to be my husband and the father of my two children, and a wonderful son in law for my parents.
But, I am so ready to pack my husband and my two children and move away! We had decided about three years ago we needed a bigger house, so we found a bigger house less than a mile from our old house, because we loved the area we didn't want move far. Little did we know this house had scorpions! Every year about the same time NOW!!! they come out. Lucky for us our daughter is no longer crawling! But, we found one in her bedroom the other night, just after I found one in the garage. Now the garage I can handle- some what- but not in my house. Our old house we never saw one! I would give anything to be cramped in that small house, if I didn't have to deal with the scorpions- you are probable wondering why I am venting about this now- well my husband who goes around the house with a black light every night looking under beds and behind things, found one in our bathroom!!! I WANT TO MOVE!!!! Those things put me on edge! I am a nervous wreck when it comes to those things. I am sitting at the kitchen table writing this and it is pouring down rain outside, which of course reminds me of Portland and Seattle. Yes, I am willing to give up the sunshine during the winter months so my children are safe!

We are constantly picking things up off the floor making sure those things do not have a place to hide- but ya know they climb walls! I was loading the dishwasher and I found one in the sink! And you know little kids like to hide in cabinets and under clothes in closets and those are the places where the scorpions like to hide!

What do you do, but pray every night that my children will be safe from harm! And that one day my husbands company would like to offer him a job somewhere, where are children can actually crawl into bed with out their mom or dad checking for scorpions with a black light first!

In the mean time I need to talk to my husband again about getting a cat. I would feel a little better if we had one more layer of defense in the house! I hate spraying for them in the house, but now that we have found 2 in the last couple of days upstairs, where normally we never find any! It's time to take some action!

I'm heading up to toss and turn now. I know I won't be able to get any sleep!

No comments: