Monday, March 17, 2008

A few Oxidized Pieces have been added...





So, I decided to give this whole Oxidizing Process a try...and the end result - I love it! I think it's the neatest thing ever! I really think it takes a piece of jewelry that I would hesitate to wear out during the day and makes it more casual for everyday wear. I love the antique/vintage feel it gives the jewelry. I now feel like I can wear dangle crystal earrings during the day with jeans and a fun t-shirt and it will look great! I will work on a board so everyone can see what I am talking about. If you have a pair of sterling silver earrings and you feel like you are not getting enough wear out of them; I would give the whole oxidizing technique a try. You might just surprise yourself, and start wearing them more often.
I have the new collection in their own category- 2008 Vintage Collection - I've only added a few pieces. I am still working on them.
I've been working on my scrapbook albums. Actually just getting a few pages completed late at night. I got side tracked last night and decided to work on this round box. I'm about half way through it. I will post pictures of it tomorrow. I should have it completed tonight. So far I really like it. I think it really goes with the whole Easter Vintage theme I have going on here in my work space.
Oh, and one more thing. Over at Etsy.com they have this thing called the Treasury. You see it on the home page. Well, Etsy vendors actually sign up and do the collages. So, last night I did one and you can view it here- Spring has Sprung It's a way to promote other Etsy vendors- not for self promotion, except you are kind of promoting yourself- your name is all over it! I just think it is a neat tool- and the Etsy community has more interaction.
Well, I'm going to head up and work on some scrap booking projects.
Thanks for stopping by!
Trisha

No comments: