Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oxidizing Jewelry

I have fallen in love with Oxidizing / Antiquing Jewelry! I just love how it turns out. I was up late last night making jewelry and I can't wait to finish the process of taking pictures and getting them added to my website. The funny thing is, I want to oxidize all my jewelry. I now look at my jewelry and think to myself whether of not it would look better dark and antiqued.
My family went over to my parent's house today to celebrate my moms birthday and go swimming. It was a little on the breezy side. But, my daughter couldn't stay away from the pool and my son is a fish! Anyways, my dad makes stain glass window and I decide to ask him about the whole oxidizing. I had brought my jewelry case over to the house so my mom could pick out a few pieces for her birthday gift. He didn't know what I was talking about until I started talking about the chemical he uses to darken the lead on the stain glass windows. So, we went out to the garage to test the chemical out 'black patina' on one of the necklace I had tried to oxidize with hot, hard boiled eggs. It didn't oxidize evenly on the chain. So, we put this chemical on it, and it work perfect! So, now I am so on it! I can't wait to go through my collection and start pulling out pieces I can 'blacken'!!! It's funny I think it gives it a whole new life! Be sure to check out my current 'Vintage' Collection. Again, I am in the process of listing about 15 pairs of earrings just for the 'Vintage' Collection.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am off to work on my website.
Happy Birthday Mom!! We love you!!
Cheers, Trisha

No comments: