Thursday, October 30, 2008

How do I design my creations?

I've been asked this a few times, and I realized I get my inspiration from so many things. It's hard to summarize. I might see a bead, a color combination, a page from a magazine, read up on some of my favorite blogs, see other artists creating and producing; these things just get my creative juices flowing. I can stay up late into the night with a fresh pot of coffee, and I have to force myself to go to bed.
Like anyone shopping for their favorite things, I get so excited browsing the endless pages and websites of beads and bead supplies. And there are always new items to look over. Believe it or not each bead is different, in shape, color, texture, size, and function. Most of the time I buy beads because I like the look of them, it's not until I am sitting in front of my work space that I actually figure out what I am going to use them for. And even then it might take me a few times of pulling them out and matching them up with other beads in my collection before they are actually used in something.
.
Take for instance a bracelet I was working on the other night. I had bought these really cool Swarovski Hexagon Clear Crystals with a top hole, I knew I wanted to use them in a bracelet, but originally I purchased them to maybe use as charms on a necklace or in a pair of earrings. Well, I thought they would look great strung on with clusters. So, after about 3 hours that took me into the wee hours of the early morning...I finally had my finished project...now I just hope someone likes it as much as I do; ha, ha. In my eyes it turned out gorgeous...but that is just me talking. I just love the white Swarovski Pearls, Blue Chalcedony, and the clear crystal hidden in the back ground. It's a pretty thick bracelet, but so gorgeous. I will have it posted sometime this next week. I haven't taken any pictures of my new items. So, at this time you can only imagine what I am talking about.
There are so many things that inspire me and motivate me to dig in and create something, whether it be a whole collection or just one piece. I just know that I am doing something that I truly enjoy and it is just an added bonus that some else likes my creations enough to spend their hard earned money on them.
So, unless it is a custom order, most of the time I am just creating on the whim.
I hope you will enjoy this post...I'm not the best writer but I'm trying to improve.
Have a great Thursday!
Trisha

No comments: